Sunday, April 18, 2010

just thinking

Just thinking.
It is a whirlwind of emotions when the presence of God saturates a room of people who love Him. Do you know what I mean? That’s the way it was on Wednesday. It was like I could cry but not because I needed to or wanted to, but because I recognized how big God is. It’s like I sometimes forget, which I’m ashamed to admit, but it's true. It’s easy for me to forget about how mighty my God is and yet loves me enough to have a relationship with me? BAFFLING. I have done nothing to deserve Him.

The coolest thing about tonight: It was as if when scripture was read by someone, the voice of the Lord spoke. Audibly spoke- not symbolically, metaphorically, figuratively or any other ways, but I truly heard the sound of the Lord speaking promises and truths-in a way that I had never received it, but it revived my spirit. I’ve heard the Lord before, in different and awesome ways. I can even say I've heard him through scripture. But I have never heard an audible voice spoken through such powerful words as the ones promised by my God. It's been something I've needed. Tonight I felt like Thomas when Christ tells him to touch his side (John 20:27)- where he had been pierced- that is how tangible he was. It's a crazy thing when the Spirit of God engulfs you..

No comments:

Post a Comment