Tuesday, August 31, 2010

40 Days

I have been challenged to go on a fast for the next 40 days. Fasting from whatever the Lord presses on my heart. I have never attempted a fast for this amount of time. But I feel so convicted to proceed with the 'Daniel Fast' and a total media fast. In the Daniel Fast, I will be only eating fruits, veggies, and beans. For the next 40 days. In the media fast, I will be ridding my life of all secular music, movies, t.v shows and whatever else. So I am humbly begging you to pray for strength. This is a time for me to reflect and remember His Kingdom. Remember how it is not of this earth, but it is our duty to show the Kingdom in my day to day life. So pray that I will have an abundance of grace and let my soul, my hunger, my desire be filled by the only One who can suffice. So here we go. 40 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment