Monday, April 4, 2011

i didn't ask for it, but He came anyways..

It would be a shame, selfish, and disobedient if I chose to not share my yesterday with you. I believe that I experienced a taste of revival.

I woke up yesterday feeling sick, tired, and honestly did not want to go to church. I sat through worship, barely sung because my throat was hurting so bad. I sat through my pastor’s sermon. I listened, but I just felt like I was so attacked by the enemy yesterday morning. My ill body, my weary soul was becoming a huge distraction. I was missing the Spirit of the Lord. I was missing a divine appointment. Though I had done things to quench the Spirit, I believe that God had something but bigger than one appointment. He met with his people.

Yesterday, I witnessed the love of God the Father drown the souls of thirsty followers. For the hopeless, the afraid, the broken, redemption fell upon their shoulders. Like a light had drawn out of the darkest place known to man, the Spirit ignited the hearts of His people.

A simple hour and a half church service exceeded the typical ending time of 12:30. Instead of individuals, families, and friends leaving, they stayed.

Voices roared across the body of Christ. Voices crying for help, crying for forgiveness, begging for the Spirit of God to indwell in their lives, in this place, across this city, in this world. Instead of the altar being an intimidating place to approach, people swarmed to it. To find refuge, acceptance, and love.

We did not pray yesterday. We did not worship yesterday. We cried, with our everything to God, in what I can only describe as the most pure and humbling plead for God to intercede in our lives. It was the heart cry of every person in there, it was the heart cry of the body of Christ. I say that, not in disbelief that God supernaturally swept over his people yesterday. I say that in confidence that He is REAL, he is MOVING, and he is CONSTANT. And that is what I desire. This is what He desires.

I cannot express to you how much my heart longs to serve him. Even know as these words appear, my heart flutters, my body begins to shake, at the thought of what He can do. And how I simply have to give him everything. Because “All that I have is Yours, and all that You have is mine” (John 17:10). I desire to be a part of that, God “Here am I! Send me” Isaiah 6:8

I believe God was fully delighted yesterday. In our depravity, our surrender, our acknowledgement of His glory, He danced. Because His people came together and desired for the Father to be known. Known to the ends of the earth, as the unconditionally loving, forgiving, wholly perfect, wholly sufficient, sovereign One. And how do we let that be known? We allow the Spirit to ignite our hearts in confident faith that it will catch. That the Fire of God will consume this earth, His people.

I believe I saw a bit of revival yesterday. I didn’t ask for it (though now I am). But He came anyways. To image what revival across a city, a nation, across the world could look like..my heart pounds.

So I ask, from here on out, with all that I am. God, bring me to places of Your awestruck beauty, you endless and abundant love. Bring me to places where I am stripped of all that I am, and left only by your grace. Redeem Your people. Consume us with your Spirit.

“In that day the Lord of hosts will be a crown of glory, and a diadem of beauty, to the remnant of his people” Isaiah 28:5

No comments:

Post a Comment